Long time no see

It's certainly been a while since I posted, and for that I apologize. Let me bring you up to speed with what's been happening.

50080394.1.jpgOur house is on the market! After three years in Tracy, it's time to move on. Deanne has worked tirelessly to make the house even more beautiful than it already was. Actually, it was briefly off the market last week when we got an offer and entered into contract but the buyer pulled out of the contract so we're back to square one. So if you need a house in Tracy, guess what, I've got one! Come buy it! Check out the MLS listing for details on the house.

DSCN4059.sized.jpgDeanne's Birthday was a ton of fun. We spent the day doing a bunch of things she loves doing that we just don't do often enough. We went bowling with Mike, Mindy and Lisa and then Andrew, Deanne and I played miniature golf. In the evening we got 30 people together and commandeered one of the rooms at Deanne's favorite restaurant, Sansar, and had a great dinner. Hey, you only turn 25 once and it was her turn for a big party. I've posted the pictures in my gallery.

DSCN3913.sized.jpgSince I last posted, we had our epic trip to Chicago. I'm sure all of you have heard by now but Deanne and I drove to Chicago and back for the Shaklee National Conference that I attended for work. I was due to fly but had a meltdown at the last minute and Deanne came to my rescue and said she'd be willing to drive with me to Chicago. We left Tracy at 6pm and drove for 32 hours without stopping throught California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa and into Illinois. We traded sleeping and driving duties so we could maximize the time we were one the road. Despite having minor car trouble in Grand Island, Nebraska (go there, I dare ya) we made it to Chicago at 5am, despite driving around Chicago's very confusing surface street system for 2 hours looking for the damn hotel. We checked in and I slept for 45 minutes before I had to go to work, and deanne, incredibly, jumped straight on the shuttle bus to the airport and flew home. 4 days later, she worked a full day then jumped on a plane to Chicago, spent three hours meeting my co-workers and then got in the car with me and drove the 2300 miles home with me. NOW you can understand my previous post. I have posted pictures of the journey in my gallery.
DSCN3988.sized.jpgI took a couple of days off after Chicago and right before our house went on the market so we could get everything ready for our first open house. After four straight days of cleaning and prepping the house, we decided that on the last day we would do something fun and relaxing. So we crossed the San Mateo bridge to San Carlos and the Hiller Aviation Museum. I'd driven past it hundreds of times but never actually gone in; now I wish I hadn't waited so long. It's a fantastic museum and particularly interesting to me as it focuses on civil aviation, and in particular, civil aviation in the Bay Area. The highlights for me were the nose sections of a 737-200 and full front end of a 747-100, both of which you could get into and "play with." The 747 front end was from a former BA plane and sat in the cockpit was a retired Pan Am Captain who would answer any questions. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who's even remotely interested in aviation. It's great for kids as well. I have posted pictures in the my gallery.